Again this month, Schwartz Insurance Group selected one peer-nominated associate to receive a Core Value award. The winner is chosen because they "lived” one of our agency’s core values … typically an event or accomplishment above and beyond the call of duty in servicing our customers. This month, Mike Morgan was selected – here’s Mike’s story:
If you want to buy a t.v., you will compare options before making a decision. If you want to buy a car, there’s likely even more research. Buying an entire business requires a wide range of due diligence.
As we neared the close of a business purchase, it was critical to have good questions prepared and good processes ready to evaluate the data. It was good to have someone on our team who delivered.
Mike Morgan kept our eye on the before and even the after. And after it was all complete, it was clear that for him, this is what Gets the Juices Flowing.
Congratulations, Mike! Here’s a bit more about him, in his own words:
1. Tell us a little bit about the type of work you do for Schwartz Insurance Group.
Chief Financial Officer and IT planning and support
2. When you aren’t at work, what keeps you busy?
Gym, home, wife, life – I can always keep myself occupied.
3. Have you always been in this industry? If not, what brought you where you are today?
I have been a part of the insurance industry for five years. Matt and Scott offered me an opportunity at the right time.
4. What’s one thing you love about what you do for a living?
The variety of my work – every day brings something new.
5. Tell us a little bit about what you do for fun.
Gym, movies, travel – my wife and I have shared some really memorable trips together and I look forward to enjoying more.
6. If you could do one thing for a living that had nothing to do with your current job, what would it be?
Actually, nothing. Accounting is the job that I want to do and being part of an active and growing business is fun for me. I would like to help Wounded Warriors some day, and I appreciate all the things we’ve done here at Schwartz in helping our troops.