Recently, Anthem made some important updates related to COVID-19 timeframes.
- Anthem will allow members who had previously waived coverage to enroll in a plan through August 1, 2020 without having a qualifying event. This is available to both fully insured and self-funded (MEWA) groups but excludes life and disability.
o This group special enrollment period will last from 6/8/2020 to 7/31/2020 and is available to both large and small groups.
o Employees needed to be eligible at the time of open enrollment for the employer.
o This SEP will be applicable to dependents.
- Anthem will allow currently covered employees to switch to a lower priced medical plan when one is offered. The option is available for July 1 and August 1, 2020 effective dates. Anthem will not allow currently covered employees to switch to a more expensive plan without a qualifying event.
- Enrollments must be submitted via paper forms and sent to the appropriate E&B teams. Electronic formats are not available at this time. Please be sure on the application the event “COVID 19” is included.
- Anthem is extending their flexibility on eligibility requirements until 9/30/2020. (This was previously set to expire 7/31/2020.)
o Relaxed requirements for employees to be actively working in order to be eligible for coverage. (This applies to employees laid off, furloughed or moved to part-time.)
o Coverage must be offered on a non-discriminatory basis to all employees and employee premium contributions must be the same or less than what they were prior to the layoffs.
- LiveHealth Online - telehealth cost shares waived through 9/30/2020 for all fully insured employers.
- Cost shares for the treatment of COVID-19 by an in-network provider waived through 12/31/2020 (applies to all fully insured businesses).
o Cost shares for COVID-19 tests - including serology or antibody tests - waived as well.
- Sydney Care - the virtual care text feature on the Sydney Care mobile app allows members to chat with a doctor. The members' first two text sessions are free through 12/31/2020. Additional text visits are $19 each.
- Premium credits - Anthem will apply medical and dental premium credits for the April coverage period to August bills. Small Group ACA and Grandmothered groups: 15% premium credit and MEWA plans 10% premium credit. Dental policies 50% premium credit.
- Reminder - 3rd quarter specialty renewals are receiving rate holds.
To access more Coronavirus-related resources and Frequently Asked Questions, visit Anthem's website.