July was a busy month in the employee benefits world. The U.S. Supreme Court (Supreme Court) upheld the religious exemption and moral exemption final rules to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) contraceptive mandate.
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) released the indexed 2021 ACA affordability percentage.
The President signed a law extending the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) application deadline. The IRS released draft ACA reporting forms for 2020. The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the Department of Labor (DOL), and the Department of the Treasury (Treasury) (collectively, the Departments) released proposed rules on grandfathered health plans.
A U.S. court of appeals upheld the short-term limited duration insurance (STLDI) final rule. HHS published a revised confidentiality of substance use disorder patient records final rule. The IRS issued a private letter ruling on health reimbursement arrangement (HRA) and profit-sharing plan contributions. The IRS also issued an information letter on submitting claims for dependent care assistance plan (DCAP) reimbursement.
The DOL published new Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) forms and released requests for information on Paid Leave and FMLA. The President issued four executive orders on drug pricing.
UBA released a new advisor: Proposed Rules on Grandfathered Group Health Plan Coverage
UBA updated, refreshed, or revised existing guidance:
- The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Paycheck Protection Program
- Contraception Mandate Rolled Back for Employers
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Exchange (Marketplace) Notice
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Patient-Centered Outcomes/Comparative Effectiveness (PCORI) Fee
- The Play-or-Pay Penalty and Counting Employees under the ACA
- Health Savings Accounts: What You Need to Know
Download the complete recap to read about:
- Supreme Court Upholds Religious Exemption and Moral Exemption to the ACA Contraceptive Mandate
- PPP Application Deadline Extended
- IRS Releases Draft ACA Reporting Forms for 2020
- U.S. Court of Appeals Upholds Short-Term Limited Duration Insurance Final Rule
- HHS Published a Revised Confidentiality of SUD Patient Records Final Rule
- IRS Issues Private Letter Ruling on HRA and Profit-Sharing Plan Contributions
- IRS Issues Information Letter on Submitting Claims for DCAP Reimbursement
- DOL Publishes New FMLA Forms
- DOL Releases RFIs on Paid Leave and FMLA
- President Issues Executive Orders on Drug Pricing
- Question of the Month
The UBA Compliance Advisors help you to stay up to date on regulatory changes to help simplify your job and mitigate compliance risk.
This information is general and is provided for educational purposes only. It reflects UBA's understanding of the available guidance as of the date shown and is subject to change. It is not intended to provide legal advice. You should not act on this information without consulting legal counsel or other knowledgeable advisors.