Tuesday, February 9, 2021
2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT
On October 29, 2020, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Department of Labor (DOL), and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), released final rules on coverage transparency for group health plans that will begin to take effect on January 1, 2022.
The final rules will require group health plans and insurance issuers in the group markets to disclose cost-sharing information and negotiated rates. This webinar will help employers understand the final rules and the steps an employer should take to prepare to be compliant.
This webinar will:
- Describe the overall purpose of the final rules
- Describe the types of plans and coverage that are not subject to the final rules
- Describe the public disclosure of negotiated rates and historical allowed amounts requirement and what is required by January 1, 2022
- Describe the disclosure of cost information requirement, how plans may estimate cost-sharing liability, what is required by January 1, 2023, and what is required by January, 1, 2024
- Describe the two required methods for disclosing the cost-sharing information
- Describe the good faith safe harbor that plan sponsors can rely on when complying with the final rules
- Provide an overview of the steps plan sponsors should begin taking to prepare for compliance with the final rules
This 60-minute intermediate level webinar will provide employers with an overview of the transparency in coverage final rules and help them prepare to be compliant by 2022 and the years following.
The presentation will be posted on the UBA website the afternoon before the webinar.
Lorie Maring is a partner in the Atlanta office and a member of the Employee Benefits Practice Group. She has extensive experience in all areas of employee benefits, including health and welfare programs, qualified and non-qualified retirement plans and executive compensation. She routinely advises employers, including non-profit and government employers, trade associations and employee benefit insurance and risk management consultants on the complex compliance and day-to-day issues arising under ERISA and other state and federal laws governing employee benefit plans and programs.
Registering for the Webinar
Since this program is conducted in partnership with a leading national firm, you will note there is a charge for attendance. So, two options: you may RSVP directly to us and watch from our offices at no charge. Or, to view at your location, use our Priority Code: UBA613 for discounted access.
United Benefit Advisors® (UBA) is the nation's leading independent employee benefits advisory organization with more than 200 Partner offices in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Learn more at www.UBAbenefits.com.