Tuesday, January 12, 2021
2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Congress has issued legislation affecting group health plan requirements and the Department of Labor (DOL), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) have issued guidance on requirements for group health plans as well as permissive changes group health plans may implement.
This webinar will help employers understand their group health plan compliance obligations regarding COVID-19 as well as permissive changes and relief that employers may implement going forward.
This webinar will:
- Describe the group health plan coverage requirements under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) as amended by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act and the prohibition on cost sharing for COVID diagnostic testing and qualifying coronavirus preventive services
- Describe how long group health plans must comply with the FFCRA coverage requirements for COVID diagnostic testing and qualifying coronavirus preventive services
- Describe how health savings account (HSA)-eligible high deductible health plans (HDHPs) may cover telehealth services without meeting the deductible and the status of telehealth services as non-disqualifying coverage for HSAs
- Describe the ability of account-based plans to reimburse over-the-counter medicines and drugs and female sanitary products as qualified medical expenses
- Provide an overview of the deadline extensions under the DOL and IRS final rule applicable to COBRA, HIPAA special enrollment, and ERISA claims and appeals
- Describe the relief that is available under the Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA) Disaster Relief Notice from the deadlines to provide certain ERISA notices and disclosures
- Describe how employers may handle wellness program rewards when participants are having difficulty meeting the standards due to COVID
- Provide an overview of document amendments employers should consider making due to COVID, including amendments to the plan document/SPD, SBC, cafeteria plans, and COBRA notices
This 60-minute intermediate level webinar will provide employers with an overview of the compliance requirements for group health plans regarding COVID-19 as well as permissive changes and relief available to employers in 2021.
The presentation will be posted on the UBA website the afternoon before the webinar.
Lorie Maring is a partner in the Atlanta office and a member of the Employee Benefits Practice Group. She has extensive experience in all areas of employee benefits, including health and welfare programs, qualified and non-qualified retirement plans and executive compensation. She routinely advises employers, including non-profit and government employers, trade associations and employee benefit insurance and risk management consultants on the complex compliance and day-to-day issues arising under ERISA and other state and federal laws governing employee benefit plans and programs.
Registering for the Webinar
Since this program is conducted in partnership with a leading national firm, you will note there is a charge for attendance. So, two options: you may RSVP directly to us and watch from our offices at no charge. Or, to view at your location, use our Priority Code: UBA613 for discounted access.
United Benefit Advisors® (UBA) is the nation's leading independent employee benefits advisory organization with more than 200 Partner offices in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Learn more at www.UBAbenefits.com.