Tuesday, June 9, 2020
2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT
Join this webinar for help with best practices for leave policies, handling group health plan benefits for employees that are taking leave, and handling group health plan benefits when employees return from leave.
This webinar will:
- Discuss best practices for leave policies (paid leave, unpaid leave, and FMLA leave) including what changes should be made regarding employees seeking leave due to COVID-19
- Discuss best practices for implementing telework policies for employees working from home
- Provide an overview of what documentation employers can require from employees when they are seeking leave due to COVID-19
- Discuss benefit considerations when an employee is going on paid leave or going on unpaid leave (FMLA and non-FMLA), such as whether coverage will continue, whether employer and employee contributions must continue, and whether contributions can be modified when an employee is going on leave
- Discuss benefit considerations when an employee is returning from paid leave or unpaid leave (FMLA and non-FMLA), such as whether contributions can be modified when an employee returns
This 60-minute intermediate level webinar will provide employers with leave policy best practices and help employers think through how group health plan benefits may be handled when employees are on leave and return from leave.
The presentation will be posted on the UBA website the afternoon before the webinar.
Jennifer Sandberg is a partner in Fisher Phillips' Atlanta office. Employers, In-House Counsel, and Human Resource professionals view her as a trusted advisor providing solid business advice. She works to understand her clients’ business and desired business outcomes in order to provide creative and cost-effective advice and counsel. She assists clients in accomplishing business objectives in the most efficient manner possible. Her advice is custom-tailored for employers with tens of thousands of employees or those with a mere handful of employees.
Lorie Maring is a partner in the Atlanta office and a member of the Employee Benefits Practice Group. She has extensive experience in all areas of employee benefits, including health and welfare programs, qualified and non-qualified retirement plans and executive compensation. She routinely advises employers, including non-profit and government employers, trade associations and employee benefit insurance and risk management consultants on the complex compliance and day-to-day issues arising under ERISA and other state and federal laws governing employee benefit plans and programs.
Registering for the Webinar
Since this program is conducted in partnership with a leading national firm, you will note a charge for attendance. So, two options: you may RSVP directly to us and watch from our offices at no charge. Or, to view at your location, use our Priority Code: UBA613 for discounted access.
United Benefit Advisors® (UBA) is the nation's leading independent employee benefits advisory organization with more than 200 Partner offices in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Learn more at www.UBAbenefits.com.