Tuesday, February 11, 2020
2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT
This webinar will:
- Provide an overview of state paid disability leave laws and when an employer must continue benefits for an employee under these laws
- Provide an overview of employer provided short-term / long-term disability insurance and common employer provided disability leave policies, including when an employer must continue benefits for an employee who is on disability leave
- Provide an overview of states with family and medical leave laws and when an employer must continue benefits for an employee under these laws
- Briefly discuss when the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and state workers’ compensation laws may be implicated when an employee is going on leave
- Describe best practices for collecting premiums while an employee is out on leave
- Describe best practices for administering benefits when an employee qualifies for multiple types of leave
This 60-minute intermediate level webinar will help employers understand the multiple laws and requirements for continuing benefits when an employee is on leave.
The presentation will be posted on the UBA website the afternoon before the webinar.
Melissa Shimizu is Of Counsel in the Irvine office of Fisher Phillips. She focuses on helping employers navigate the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and other state and federal laws impacting the design, implementation and ongoing compliance of their employee benefit plans and programs. She advises clients with respect to all aspects of employee benefits, including retirement plans, health and other welfare benefit plans.
Registering for the Webinar
Since this program is conducted in partnership with a leading national firm, you will note a charge for attendance. So, two options: you may RSVP directly to us and watch from our offices at no charge. Or, to view at your location, use our Priority Code: UBA613 for discounted access.
United Benefit Advisors® (UBA) is the nation's leading independent employee benefits advisory organization with more than 200 Partner offices in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Learn more at www.UBAbenefits.com.