Tuesday, May 12, 2020
2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT
This webinar will help employers understand the various notice and disclosure requirements for group health plans.
This webinar will:
- Discuss notices that should be provided at open enrollment, such as ERISA notices, Medicare Part D creditable coverage disclosure, HIPAA notice of privacy practices, and wellness program notice and any recent changes to template notices provided by the DOL that employers should be aware of
- Discuss annual notices and disclosures that are provided outside of open enrollment during the plan year and any recent changes to templates
- Discuss the timing requirements of when notices and disclosures must be provided and the differences in timing requirements when an employer is using a calendar year or a non-calendar plan year
- Highlight differences between notice requirements for fully-insured plans and self-funded plans
- Discuss the DOL rules for electronic distribution of notices and the types of notices that can be distributed electronically
- Discuss best practices for tracking notice distribution, including document retention periods
This 60-minute intermediate level webinar will help employers understand the various notice and disclosure requirements for group health plans.
The presentation will be posted on the UBA website the afternoon before the webinar.
Chelsea Deppert is an associate in the Atlanta office of Fisher Phillips. She provides practical guidance to employers on the technical aspects of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and other state and federal laws impacting the design, implementation and ongoing compliance of employee benefit plans and programs. She advises clients with respect to all aspects of employee benefits, including retirement plans, health and other welfare benefit plans.
Registering for the Webinar
Since this program is conducted in partnership with a leading national firm, you will note a charge for attendance. So, two options: you may RSVP directly to us and watch from our offices at no charge. Or, to view at your location, use our Priority Code: UBA613 for discounted access.
United Benefit Advisors® (UBA) is the nation's leading independent employee benefits advisory organization with more than 200 Partner offices in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Learn more at www.UBAbenefits.com.